TVXQ Dong Bang Shin Ki Tohoshinki 동방신기 東方神起

The name itself give you a great picture. The legendary five-membered Korean Boy Group ever. After the 1st generation of KPOP idol start to fade away, SME debut this group in December 26, 2003. I was introduced to Kpop through this group.



At first, I encountered their "My Destiny" MV in hitz.tv at Astro back in 2006/2007. From the first time I listen to the song, I immediately fall in love with the song and the voices. At that time, I didn't know how to differentiate between Korean or Japanese. I ask my friends at school. Turn out that she's a big fan of them. Since I didn't know much about them, I even make fun of their name as Shin Ki is sound like 'sinki' which means sink in english.

yeah, this song that make me fall in love with them.

After that I search and learn a lot about them. Since I still lack at many place in internet stuff at that time, so I didn't know how to search about their current news. I didn't know about Soompi and all. The only place I search about them is through MySpace and YouTube. From my friends, I watch their Banjun Drama, Unforgettable Love, Dangerous Love and etc. I search about their songs. Japanese songs, Korean songs, all of them. Then Purple Line release. I fall for them again. 


I try to learn their dance because they just make music become so cool because of the dance. Before this, I never enjoy music with their dance but KPOP change me. I tried to learn Triangle dance move and it's hard. though I actually manage to get the semi-chorus and the chorus part of the song. Thought it's not perfect. 


After learn a few things about them, I started to develop a bias in the group. Seeing Hero Jaejoong / 영웅재중, make me really like him and he's the reason why I love My Destiny too. I fall for his voice. 


Yeah my eyes just attracted to him straight away when I saw them even in their group photos. Well maybe because he's the center of the group but still maybe I just more attracted to the flower-type of guy / 꽃미남 style... ^_^ Then I found the maknae, Max Changmin / 최강창민. After that I started to ship JaeMin.




They both just so cute and adorable together. Even though I knew about them, love their songs, started to fit in by developing biases towards them, I never was a Cassiopeia. They just mainly introduce me to how KPOP is. I do find it's hard to like the Korean group as I always got teased by my sisters and now they are all Kpop Mania. 

Talking about DBSK, it's not always sunshine... in the end, the rain will come and washes all the good things. After their Mirotic song, I never get into KPOP stuff anymore though sometimes I still enjoy Korean songs but I was never a fan or know anything about the fandom anymore (at that time I was into indie band in Malaysia as it's the music trend at that time which is around 2008). Well about fandom, I was never knew anything before I get to know SNSD and that will be another story. Back to DBSK, with their lawsuit thing going on. At first, I don't give a damn at all. I don't care cause I just feel that, yeah, I like their songs, their dance but I never get attached to them. After the DBSK lawsuit then come 2PM issues where Jay Park withdraw and all. I was more of a SoneHottest in 2009 so I kinda attached to 2PM more than these 5 guys at that time. I mourn over Jay Park stuff more than these guys lawsuit. 

The next thing I knew, the 3 trio have form a unit called, JYJ. Seriously at that time, I don't care at all about their activities. Never knew anything about the other remaining 2 members. Where are they, What are they doing since these 3 already start their music promotion again. 

In 2010, everything started to change. The remaining 2 members started to do their things too. They will perform on stage on SM Town Concert. As far as I remember, Yunho and Changmin in Korea for SM Town  Concert while JYJ is in Japan for A Nation Concert (?) not sure about this but they are on stage but in different places. 

Watching Yunho & Changmin perform in SM Town Concert make me wonder why are these 2 didn't follow the other 3 to file the lawsuit? Everything started to make me curious. Then I started to take note about what happened to them. Most of my source is from Allkpop. I just felt so lazy to read the whole contract thing, the whole lawsuit thing, so I'm back to my outsider observant mode. Then I found this blog TrueTVXQ. That blog show me how the situation occur. Yeah I agree that the blog is bias and I am bias. Since my fave group is in the company, maybe I tend to siding the company more. Well humans are bias. We tend to develop biases among us. So I did it as well. 

From post by post I read from that blog, I learned something new. Yeah it maybe not the whole truth but a little bit it gave me the picture about the lawsuit thing that still going on. The founder of the blog really have contribute a lot of his time in translating a lot of things from the articles, to the contract itself. He really gain my respect. The important thing is I never saw the other 3 members like the first time I knew them. Yeah, I know I don't even knew them in the first place but my impression towards them just turn to 180 degree. It'll never be the same again. 

Event after event happened when Yunho & Changmin started to make their comeback. From the twitter issues, interview issues, TVXQ name issues, so much issues. It just make me want to just go back to my fandom because this drama is so dramatic and it's actually a real life thing that occur. Since then, I just decide to support HoMin. About the other 3, I think I just give it a pass though I still follow their twitter, I still watch Sungkyunkwan Scandal (cause I just enjoy the drama so much), but I just can't enjoy their music. Maybe because it's totally not my taste. It just different. The feeling is different too. In the end, I just conclude myself that Yunho & Changmin want to stay while the other 3 want to out and I decided to support Yunho & Changmin more. 

When I watch their old music video like Balloon or Hug, the feeling of sad just appeared. How come they become like this now? Why can't they still share the same dream they had before? and every time I watch their old vids, I just simply remind myself that this is the time when they share the same dream together as 5. Now, they don't have that anymore. I just don't know how Cassies feel. I know some of them already taking bias and some of them still believe in 5. I just can wish all the best for them. I'm just an outsider who happened to support the old TVXQ and the current TVXQ. In the name of TVXQ, I believe. 



TVXQ Yunho and Changmin comeback are so AWESOME and GREAT!!! they just prove that they are indeed The Rising Gods From The East. I'm so proud of them and I wish all the best for them.


 Deep inside, I still miss the 5 of them together. When they are 5 they are complete. However in the end, just like IU's new song,

"Nothing Last Forever, Nothing Really Matter" - IU's Cruel Fairy Tale

The only things that matter is our own life and their own life... In the end, everyone will just comeback to reality, comeback to their own life. Whoever they are in the virtual world, they have their own life in reality.

Popular posts from this blog

Exam dah hbs...

[REVIEW][DRAMA] Ugly Alert

[REVIEW][DRAMA] Empress Ki, 기황후