[REVIEW] [BOOK]: The Hunger Games Trilogy Book




So I bought The Hunger Games Trilogy book set and it arrived at my house on 5th February 2014.


Then my book reading journey of this trilogy begins and last night or was it today, 22nd of February 2014, I finished all three books.  So it took me all 17 days to finish all 3 books. well since most of the time I read this book is when during my way to work and got back from work, in the train and bus. 
These books has accompany me for all these 17 days.

Since I get to know The Hunger Games from the movie first before the book, reading it kinda make me need a lot of time to digest it lol 
This series also is the first series that I'm following the movie and I read the books. 

*Warning: Spoiler Alert* 

1st Book: The Hunger Games
again, since I watched the movie first before I read the book, I do feel kinda sad that some of the details from the book is being left out. 
1st, the story behind the Mockingjay pin. 
in the movie it being portray that Katniss get the pin from Greasy Sae at the Hob and she just gave it to her since it was going to be a reaping day on that day.
However, in the book it was Madge that gave her the pin. 
I'm glad that I found this details. Cause I found that Madge character is pretty important as there is the connection of relationship between her mom, her aunt(Maysilee), Katniss' Mom and Haymitch. 
oh, and some other small elements like more longer scenes of Katniss and Peeta in the cave during their 1st Games, Cato and Clover scene when Clover died etc.
oh and the picnic scenes of Peeta and Katniss at the roof of Training Center. 
Oh yeah, they kinda missing out Katniss' Mom brokedown (after Katniss's dad died) and how she was kinda shut her off and took the role of being the breadwinner of the family in the movie. 
what I wish they show more in the movie is about Katniss's dad. the time when  Peeta told her how he falls for her for the 1st time. how he keep her heart low and just watched her from far until the reaping day. That scene in the book just so good and so romantic. *I'm such a romantic sucker :P *

Aside from the small elements from the book, the only part that made me kinda sad that they didnt portray it in the movie is Madge, Katniss's Dad story and the Katniss-Peeta scene in the cave. other than that, the movie ver, is pretty good as it follows how what it want to show in the book. 

2nd Book: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

okay, from 2nd book, the most scene that I wish to see on the movie was the Quarter Quell that made Haymitch won. that's where they reveal that Maysilee, the tribute that came with Haymitch from District 12 was friend with Katniss's mom and was Madge's aunt. Madge's mom twin sister.
this one of the thing that I really wish to be in the movie.
Another part in the book that I really wish it to be in the movie is when Katniss met with the refugees from District 8. when she discover what has happened at other districts.


3rd Book: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay

This is the last book. I cried a lot when I finished this book.
well, first because what they did to Prim and another thing is I finished the book.
Oh, and I cried when Peeta also was back in District 12 and still stay by Katniss's side until the end.
I'm such a romantic sucker... T_T
the thing about Mockingjay is I really feel sad for Katniss.
after she manage to escape from the Capitol and President Snow apparently she was still under the shadow of being puppet until the end.
even with District 13.
being used to be the so-called The Rebels mascot, the Mockingjay.
footage of hers being spread...
again, be the puppet.
It's sad. President Coin totally no different with Snow. well, I like how the 'Mentally-disordered' Katniss Everdeen finishes her *smirk*
Katniss Everdeen definitely has gone through a lot of mentally challenged things. People died for her. People being hurt because of her. People being tortured because of her.
I really cant imagine the burden that being put on her shoulder.
People outside saw how strong she is but deep inside her, nightmares haunting her almost every night.
Comparing myself to her, I'm just not that strong.
but her character, definitely one that I always look up to.
Katniss Everdeen, *3-fingers-salute*



Oh yeah, they didnt show any of the avoxes. the girl Avox from the first movie and Darius, someone from District 12 and eventually being punished to become an avox. well, I hope they show Pollux in Mockingjay cause that's definitely another important character for Katniss's Rebellion journey. If anyone was wondering about what's Avox, Avox

Ah... I really cant wait for the Mockingjay Part 1 & Part 2.
It will be released on November 2014 and November 2015 tho. 
got a whole year to wait. InsyaAllah.
I was wondering how they'll cut Mockingjay Part 1 to Part 2.
My guess would be Peeta back to District 13 and attack Katniss as soon as he sees her or the scene when Katniss being shot at District 2.
well, just my guesses. 

about the scenes that they missing out from the early 2 movies, I kinda understand it since they have like 1 hour plus to 2 hours to compile everything in one movie.
cant have everything in it.
so i kinda understand it. Overall, the movies still do justice to the book :)
and I'm happy.
totally made me a big fan of Jennifer Lawrence (JLaw) and Josh Hutcherson *_*
how cute these two off-screen and how funny JLaw is XD
I just love this book series and the movie.
Now I understand why this movie have many followers in the US and how it make JLaw the American Sweetheart to date.

Oh, I found that this Hunger Games wikia is so freaking cool ^_^
http://thehungergames.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hunger_Games_Wiki

Okay that's all from me :)



Popular posts from this blog

Exam dah hbs...

[REVIEW][DRAMA] Ugly Alert

[REVIEW][DRAMA] Empress Ki, 기황후