[REVIEW][MOVIE] Cloud Atlas (2012)

It has been awhile I didnt wrote a review on a movie.
last time was my March post.
these days I finally can catching up some movies and it really fun :)
most of the time, I'm just too lazy to write one but I guess not this time.
I'm so eager to write on Cloud Atlas since it still quite fresh in my mind for like 10 minutes now XD



I'm a big sci-fi movies fan.
At first I was thinking to watch Everywhen (2013) movie but then I just made a decision to watch Cloud Atlas instead cause I've downloaded this movie for quite sometime but still not watching it yet.
Okay some synopsis on this movie from imdb,


"Everything is connected: an 1849 diary of an ocean voyage across the Pacific; letters from a composer to his lover; a thriller about a murder at a nuclear power plant; a farce about a publisher in a nursing home; a rebellious clone in futuristic Korea; and the tale of a tribe living in post-apocalyptic Hawaii, far in the future."
indeed everything is connected.
At first I was a bit confused and want to give up this movie but I still give it a chance.

Okay, important things that I got from this movie: -

  1. Was watching the credit line at the end and I just freaking amazed! How these actors and actresses play a lot of different characters in one movie. Tom Hanks himself play like 5-6 characters. from a not-so-important character to a very important character. 
  2. Not only the actors actresses play lots of different character but the makeup effect for the characters so freaking awesome!!!! How can they make an asian become a white with makeup and effect? and all the characters. guy become a woman (and I swear, I didnt really know that the person is a guy lol XD) Seriously big credit on the makeup/effect department. so awesome! I used to think that Tom Cruise in Tropic Thunder have the best makeup/effect ever (since I only knew that it was Tom Cruise by the end of the movie) until I found and watch this movie. 
  3. The love, hope, human greed messages are pretty clear in this movie. How human greed have not change even tho we live in different time, different era. it seems pathetic. we just never learn... but then that's human. we're just like this. too complicated to even understand one behavior. 
  4. Book. Book is just ageless. your story can be pass down to the next generation. Writing. as long as you continue to write, someone will read about it. I realized how important to continue writing. Writing is beautiful. how generation of human being passing down the good and the bad doings that they've done through books. Everyone has their own story. I found this so beautiful indeed. Books are just ageless. Even if you died, you'll definitely left something to the people that still living through writing. Books made you still ALIVE. it kinda inspired me to continue writing as well. just keep writing. Dont think much but just keep writing :) 
  5. Bae Doona. She's one good South Korea actress and her performance in this movie is awesome too. I really looking forward to watch her next movie. I hope she really excel in Hollywood too. she's such a talented actress :) 
That's most of the things that I found interesting about this movie. 
tho plotline-wise if you're not patience enough, you definitely going to quit before even reach half of the movie lol XD 
but it's worth the wait tho... I guess I just have the patience to keep watching it lol 
the pace of the plot was indeed slow and as it jumps between time frames, it does kinda make me confuse on the plot. 
then again, it's all worth it xD 
since it's from the book, maybe I'll found the book better 
I'll try and read the book later. 
currently I'm on The Fault in Our Stars and my Divergent Series will be coming soon. maybe after I finished all of these books then I'll start on Cloud Atlas. 

Okay, that's all my review for today. Adios. :) 

Popular posts from this blog

Exam dah hbs...

[REVIEW][DRAMA] Ugly Alert

[REVIEW][DRAMA] Empress Ki, 기황후