Rotiboy... Another Malaysian Brand that have went Global...

I have always want to write about Rotiboy. Recently, I watched KBS drama, My Fair Lady or Take care of the lady, or Agashi reul butakhae, and I saw this Rotiboy logo. So, at first I don't really care cause, ok Rotiboy is sponsored for this drama so what? Then, my sister ask me... "Ami, where do you think Rotiboy come from?" As the two of us keep wondering... Then I aswered, "I don't know maybe from western, America or any Europe bakery cause Rotiboy main menu is their famous Mexican bun." That's how I assumed. "Then, my sister's word... "But it called Roti(bread in Malay), so I assumed maybe it from South East Asia, like Malaysia, Indonesia, or Brunei." Then it really hit me. "Yeah, you right! How can't I not see this before..."

Then, the two of us start to google about Rotiboy. It turns out that it is really from Malaysia. The owner of Rotiboy is a Malaysian from Penang, Hiro Tan. He started this business as a family business with the help of his family member. It started from a small bakery shop in Penang then they make another branch in KL and that's where the popularity of this Coffee bun start to rise. Now there's a lot of Rotiboy outlet and interesting enough, it's not only in Malaysia, but almost around South East Asia and not to forget, SOUTH KOREA.

The thing that me more proud about Rotiboy is, the owner, Mr. Hiro Tan is a University of Malaya graduate... that make me more proud of it... hahaha.... my sunbaenim but different faculty. He took economy but still graduate from the university that I attend right now.


How Rotiboy have been a success Malaysian brand now... even Korean are eating them... hahaha... No doubt that Rotiboy have it originality and its own taste and furthermore, it's Malaysian brand! It's a Malaysian brand! yay! How I'm proud to be a Malaysian.


This is the picture scene taken from Take care of the lady, KBS Drama...

This show how it is been made...


How lovely the coffee taste beeing absorbed in the bread... I want to have it now... ^_^


Rotiboy in Take Care of Lady, KBS Drama ^_^

Seo Dong Chan having Rotiboy... nyam nyam... :)

Seriously, I hope other Malaysia product will go global and make people in the world recognize us, Malaysian, in global eye... Oh, how I proud to be a Malaysian!!! ^_^

One Malaysia for the World!!!
p/s: for more information about Rotiboy

Popular posts from this blog

Exam dah hbs...

[REVIEW][DRAMA] Ugly Alert

[REVIEW][DRAMA] Empress Ki, 기황후